Skip to main content

Altered Flower Box

Well this is my project from this afternoon. I have altered a flowerbox which I received a lovely bunch of flowers in from my colleagues at work. As I was sorting the flowers out to go in the bin I thought it was a shame to throw the box out too as it is very strong. Therefore as it is my sisters birthday at the weekend I thought it would be nice to use as the box for her present, however I though it would be better if it had my twist on. Mind you I did have a few happy accidents along the way but I am pleased with the way it has turned out now. It seems to be my time for happy accidents at the moment lol.

This is the box as it was before:

And as it is now:


Recipie
  • Papers: Shabby Princess
  • Flowers: Petaloo Mulberry Embossed Flowers
  • Brads: Stash
  • Card: Gold Mirror - Stash
  • Ribbon: Dovecraft
  • Sentiment: Computerised
  • Tools: Cuttlebug, nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Rachel xx

Comments

Unknown said…
Its stunning Rachel, well done, love the shape
Nicki said…
Gorgeous Rachel, i had one of these boxes... stupidly threw it out! what on earth was i thinking?
Absolutely gorgeous tho, love it
Nicki
x
Andrea said…
Wow! A gorgeous box, and a brilliant idea. I love the papers you have used, and the ribbon at the top looks fab! Well done.
Andrea xx

Popular posts from this blog

Angelica and Friend’s Blog Hop

Hi all and welcome to this very exciting blog hop for the launch of the new range from Crafter’s Companion – Angelica and Friend’s which is the 4 Day Deal on Create and Craft this week. To say thank you to you all for hopping there way along everyone’s blogs there is a prize: ONE random commenter on ONE UK team member's blog will win ALL NINE stamp sets in the release (it's a prize worth over £35) You have until Wednesday 6th Feb to leave a comment, winners will be announced on the Crafter’s Companion News blog Thursday 7th February. There are many blogs you need to be hopping over to. If you have come from Taylor’s Blog Your going in the right direction.    Now it’s time for me to share with you my item I have created with this wonderful new range. I have used the stamp Just Like Mum to create a door plaque.      I have painted an MDF base plate with undercoat and primer and then several coats of Pewter Pl...

WOYWW

Today's WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?) This was my room this morning after making yesterday's card. Why not pop over to Stamping ground to check out everyone else's desks. Hugs Rachel

Mermaid Frame

Hello All I'm back again, This time to share a frame with you that I have created for my Niece.  The image was coloured in using my Spectrum Noir markers using the May 17 Markers Class from Kit and Clowder. This is the first one of their classes I've done and I was overall I was quite happy with it but I know a few areas where I could improve. Right then here's the coloured image.  The image is by Conie Fong and you can purchase them on Etsy. She has lots of other lovely images to choose from. Right then now for the completed frame. The frame started as a white frame which I painted with black gesso and then once dry added colour to it using dyna paints from pebeo and then some silver gilding wax. I then sprayed the frame to form a protective coating with Spray and Shine from Crafter's Companion.  I love how it have turned out and hope that my niece will too.  Right I'm going to enter this into the following challenges: ...