Skip to main content

You make my heart happy card and hello again!!


 Hi everyone, can't believe it's been 3 1/2 years since I last blogged. Thought I'd start it up again.

I've still been creating and sharing bits on my Facebook page. A lot has happened since I last posted, I was quiet unwell in 2017 and needed surgery to sort out a condition I was going through. Then when I felt well I found out that I was pregnant. We now have a lovely little boy called Joshua. He's 2 1/2 years now. We've also moved house and have been renovating it. We're all done now thankfully. 


Right now time to share the card I finished yesterday. This is made using a stamped image by Lee Holland Called With Love. It's produced by Crafter's Companion.

I love how cute and fun this image is. I think this range of stamps will soon become my new favourite stamps. I colured the image using my spectrum noir colourblend pencils. 

The backing papers are digital ones I've had a while on my PC from Nitwit Collections. 

I've mat and layered onto a 7x7" card base with the papers and lovely coloured cardstock too. 
Finally I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp sheet and also added 3 gems to the corner.


Challenge time

So what challenges am I going to enter my card into? Well here goes:



Well that's for now. Hope you have a good day

Be back soon 

Rachel


Comments

Jocelyn said…
Welcome back to blog land and such a bright and cheerful card to share with us. Such a cute card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Suze said…
Welcome back to blogging Rachel. Great card with vivid colours. This would be a great card for Joshua. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Pamela said…
A lovely bright, cheerful card - I love those NitWit papers.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
brenda said…
A very sweet creation, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Stamping Sensations January challenge.

B x
Carol said…
Welcome to CD Sunday Plus and thank you for sharing your lovely bright card with us.
We hope to see you again in future challenges - now that you have stepped back into Blogland.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
Seafield Jo said…
What a lovely cheery card to share on your return to blogging. Lovely to have you entering our challenge. I hope you will join us again.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT
Wynn said…
Your card is adorable. So pleased you have joined us at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT
Welcome back to blogland, lovely to see you joining in our challenge,
Very bright and cheerful card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday Plus DT

Popular posts from this blog

Angelica and Friend’s Blog Hop

Hi all and welcome to this very exciting blog hop for the launch of the new range from Crafter’s Companion – Angelica and Friend’s which is the 4 Day Deal on Create and Craft this week. To say thank you to you all for hopping there way along everyone’s blogs there is a prize: ONE random commenter on ONE UK team member's blog will win ALL NINE stamp sets in the release (it's a prize worth over £35) You have until Wednesday 6th Feb to leave a comment, winners will be announced on the Crafter’s Companion News blog Thursday 7th February. There are many blogs you need to be hopping over to. If you have come from Taylor’s Blog Your going in the right direction.    Now it’s time for me to share with you my item I have created with this wonderful new range. I have used the stamp Just Like Mum to create a door plaque.      I have painted an MDF base plate with undercoat and primer and then several coats of Pewter Pl...

WOYWW

Today's WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?) This was my room this morning after making yesterday's card. Why not pop over to Stamping ground to check out everyone else's desks. Hugs Rachel

Mermaid Frame

Hello All I'm back again, This time to share a frame with you that I have created for my Niece.  The image was coloured in using my Spectrum Noir markers using the May 17 Markers Class from Kit and Clowder. This is the first one of their classes I've done and I was overall I was quite happy with it but I know a few areas where I could improve. Right then here's the coloured image.  The image is by Conie Fong and you can purchase them on Etsy. She has lots of other lovely images to choose from. Right then now for the completed frame. The frame started as a white frame which I painted with black gesso and then once dry added colour to it using dyna paints from pebeo and then some silver gilding wax. I then sprayed the frame to form a protective coating with Spray and Shine from Crafter's Companion.  I love how it have turned out and hope that my niece will too.  Right I'm going to enter this into the following challenges: ...