Skip to main content

Vintage Floral Butterfly Tree Canvas

Hi all

This is a Canvas I have created. I've been working on it over a few weeks now. I initially decorated the base of the canvas with various papers, inks, paints, texture paste and script stamps; and painted the tree but was then stuck on what to add to it. I left it for a while whilst I came up with what I wanted to do. Then I decided I wanted some bigger flowers, and found some Prima flowers and added some additional mixed media elements and smaller flowers I already had in my stash. Along with glitters and diamante embellishments. I also die cut a fancy flourish for the corner (not that you can see much of it, oops) and a quote. I did two layers for the die cuts and glued them together so that they were thicker.

Well here's a picture of it


 I'm quite pleased with how it has turned out. 

This is a video which shows some of the elements in more detail. You can even see the glitter sparkling. (Sorry it's a bit shaky I used my phone. It's the first video like this I've taken of my makes).



I have decided I am going to enter this into the following challenges:


Well that's it for now, as always thanks for stopping by.

Take care all and happy creating

Comments

Brawny x said…
Wow superb canvas Rachel. Great work x
Laine said…
A beautiful and detailed canvas.
Laine
x
Rachel Brown said…
Thanks very much x
Thank you so much for joining us at INTAAS with this gorgeous canvas, so very pretty. Jennie DT
Unknown said…
Beautiful canvas Rachel, so pretty. Cathy x
Gemma Hynes said…
Such a pretty canvas and so much detail, I love it. Thank you for joining in the challenge on the We Love to Create blog.
Karen P said…
I saw this at Mixed Media World and had to come take a closer look it's beautiful Rachel so many lovely details. In fact I've really enjoyed looking through your projects so I just have to follow you! Thanks for sharing Karen x

Popular posts from this blog

Angelica and Friend’s Blog Hop

Hi all and welcome to this very exciting blog hop for the launch of the new range from Crafter’s Companion – Angelica and Friend’s which is the 4 Day Deal on Create and Craft this week. To say thank you to you all for hopping there way along everyone’s blogs there is a prize: ONE random commenter on ONE UK team member's blog will win ALL NINE stamp sets in the release (it's a prize worth over £35) You have until Wednesday 6th Feb to leave a comment, winners will be announced on the Crafter’s Companion News blog Thursday 7th February. There are many blogs you need to be hopping over to. If you have come from Taylor’s Blog Your going in the right direction.    Now it’s time for me to share with you my item I have created with this wonderful new range. I have used the stamp Just Like Mum to create a door plaque.      I have painted an MDF base plate with undercoat and primer and then several coats of Pewter Pl...

WOYWW

Today's WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?) This was my room this morning after making yesterday's card. Why not pop over to Stamping ground to check out everyone else's desks. Hugs Rachel

Mermaid Frame

Hello All I'm back again, This time to share a frame with you that I have created for my Niece.  The image was coloured in using my Spectrum Noir markers using the May 17 Markers Class from Kit and Clowder. This is the first one of their classes I've done and I was overall I was quite happy with it but I know a few areas where I could improve. Right then here's the coloured image.  The image is by Conie Fong and you can purchase them on Etsy. She has lots of other lovely images to choose from. Right then now for the completed frame. The frame started as a white frame which I painted with black gesso and then once dry added colour to it using dyna paints from pebeo and then some silver gilding wax. I then sprayed the frame to form a protective coating with Spray and Shine from Crafter's Companion.  I love how it have turned out and hope that my niece will too.  Right I'm going to enter this into the following challenges: ...