About Me

My photo
Ashington, Northumberland, United Kingdom
I am 33, married to Raymond and have three dogs, Jed and Broady - Black Labradors; and Bailey - Chocolate Labrador. I am a Paediatric Nurse. I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. Crafts I enjoy range from cardmaking, ATC's, Fat Pages, jewellery making, to needlecrafts and silk painting. I hope you enjoy looking at my creations. Thank you xx

Followers

Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Altered Flower Box

Well this is my project from this afternoon. I have altered a flowerbox which I received a lovely bunch of flowers in from my colleagues at work. As I was sorting the flowers out to go in the bin I thought it was a shame to throw the box out too as it is very strong. Therefore as it is my sisters birthday at the weekend I thought it would be nice to use as the box for her present, however I though it would be better if it had my twist on. Mind you I did have a few happy accidents along the way but I am pleased with the way it has turned out now. It seems to be my time for happy accidents at the moment lol.

This is the box as it was before:

And as it is now:


Recipie
  • Papers: Shabby Princess
  • Flowers: Petaloo Mulberry Embossed Flowers
  • Brads: Stash
  • Card: Gold Mirror - Stash
  • Ribbon: Dovecraft
  • Sentiment: Computerised
  • Tools: Cuttlebug, nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Rachel xx

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Its stunning Rachel, well done, love the shape

Nicki said...

Gorgeous Rachel, i had one of these boxes... stupidly threw it out! what on earth was i thinking?
Absolutely gorgeous tho, love it
Nicki
x

Andrea said...

Wow! A gorgeous box, and a brilliant idea. I love the papers you have used, and the ribbon at the top looks fab! Well done.
Andrea xx

There was an error in this gadget