About Me

My photo
Ashington, Northumberland, United Kingdom
I am 34, married to Raymond and have three dogs, Jed and Broady - Black Labradors; and Bailey - Chocolate Labrador. I am a Paediatric Nurse. I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. Crafts I enjoy range from cardmaking, ATC's, Fat Pages, jewellery making, to needlecrafts and silk painting. I hope you enjoy looking at my creations. Thank you xx

Followers

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Fairyopolis sparkle


 Hi all I have been practicing my colouring technique with my spectrum noir pens. I decided to choose this Fairyopolis image from Crafter's Companion. I must say i'm not 100% sure of the colours or colouring of this image. But hey ho I've made it into a card and this is it.



Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog
xx Rachel xx

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Rachel, Gorgeous card! Love this backing paper and beautiful image. Your colouring looks good to me ... it does take time to learn the technique and what colours blend well together. Practice makes perfect. I have been colouring with them several months now and i'm still learning ... I also colour with Promarkers and Copics and find you need to use a slightly different technique with Speccies because they are more inky. Hope that makes sense. I am sure with the help of Leann's DVD and practice you will soon become more confident with colouring.

Lisa x

julie_woolston said...

Hi Rachel your card is gorgeous, I love the colours you have used and the beautiful image, your colouring looks ok to me, you are not on your own I struggle with colouring too, like Lisa said practice makes perfect,we will both learn along the way.

Hugs Julie x

Kathy said...

So pretty! Love the shades of purple. Your coloring looks so pretty, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

Marie said...

Lovely card. Great job coordinating the image with the background paper.

Angela said...

This is lovely...the soft colors are so soothing and elegant! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Cheryl said...

What a pretty card! Fab coloring, especially on the butterfly, and the shadow underneath the fairy is perfect. Love that beautiful flower. Thanks so much for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Jessica G. said...

Such a pretty fairy and the DP is so perfect for her!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches and hope to see you again next week!!

Theresa said...

So very pretty. Love the purples. Thanks for joining in this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is lovely! My favorite color and the fairy is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

There was an error in this gadget